Resin Driveways Paving
What you need to know about Resin Driveways & Resin Paving
When it comes to new driveways paving in Ireland, Resin bonded driveways are the most popular style. It is easy to see why Irish people love resin driveways in there garden. Resin bonded driveways have many properties that make it an excellent choice for a new driveway design. Here is everything that you need to know about resin driveway paving in Dublin.
What is Resin?
Resin is a polymer substance composed of a solid or highly viscous organic compound obtained from plants or synthesized.
In resin bond, we use a mixture of resin with aggregate stones for that smooth paving finish. It is a permeable paving solution with a flexible surfacing material.
An attractive driveway that needs little maintenance and once installed will leave you with dozens of years with an eye-catching driveway. Resin bound driveways combine stunning looks with a fully permeable, hardwearing, surface that doesn’t need planning permission to install.
Where is Resin Paving Suitable?
Resin is a versatile surface that is suitable for all residential areas. It looks great as a front driveway, and can also be used brilliantly in back gardens or garden patios. Some people like to create resin footpaths for the soft underfoot feel.
How much do Resin Driveways Cost?
Resin bound driveways are very affordable and offer great value for money to most people. Over the long term, resin driveways do not require much maintenance. With very little maintenance work needed, they are a great paving choice for Irish driveways. Having said that, the upfront cost for resin driveways can be a little more expensive than other driveways paving methods such as tarmac or bricks.
How long does it take to lay a Resin Driveway?
Resin Driveways can be layed in a reasonably quick timeframe. The driveway should be allowed to set without vehicles on it for 24 to 48 hours. It is possible to remove an old driveway and lay a new resin driveway in just a few days with minimal disruption to you.
Pros & Cons for Resin Driveways Paving
Pros of resin Driveways – why you should get a resin bound driveway in 2022.
Resin driveways are great looking
- They feel very good to walk and drive on
- There are so many different driveways design ideas that are possible with resin driveways.
- Resin bonded driveways are extremely durable and
- They are permeable allowing rain water to drain away very quickly.
- There are a lot of different colours and combinations available for this type of driveway paving.
- They are quick to lay and take 24-48hours to set.
- Resin driveways require virtually no ongoing maintenance.
- They are great value overall
Cons of Resin Driveways
- Not suitable for very large areas
- Can cost more than some other driveway paving solutions at the beginning
Find out more
How to get a new resin bound driveway in Dublin:
2: choose a colour – natural aggregates are a small bit more affordable. We will be happy to provide our expert advice to help you select the best driveway when we see your garden.
3. Arrange your installation date. We’ll work at at time that suits you.
4. Enjoy your long lasting and easy-to-maintain resin driveway